Ingredients:
3 strips bacon
3 cloves garlic
1/2 onion, chopped
1 c. carrots
1 can diced tomatoes
2 c. chicken broth, plus extra water
1 c. lentils
I think I was supposed to add a bay leaf, but forgot. So you can add one if you like.

Steps:
1) Cut bacon into small pieces w/ kitchen shears. Put in large pot, cook.
2) Once the bacon is cooked, you will add the garlic cloves (chop them up or dice them). You will keep the bacon juices in there. :)
3) Add carrots + onions, let them soften.
4) dump in the chicken broth
5) add lentils + bay leaf + tomatoes (I rinsed them off/drained them)
6) let simmer for 45 min to an hour
In all, I allowed an hour and a half to make this, which was plenty of time. I only made a "single" recipe, but you could easily double this. And my friend tells me this freezes very well! (Freezing tip: pour soup into BIG freezer bag; close it up; lay on cookie sheet; place in freezer; let freeze; take off cookie sheet; store upright/in the door - space saver!)
No comments:
Post a Comment