Wednesday, May 19, 2010

They're here! They're here! They're HEEEEEEERE!!!!! #78 baby!

I'm so excited I can hardly stand it! Remember awhile ago when I was whining about how bad I am at getting wedding photos up? Well, the wait is over! The 32x48-inch canvas gallery wraps have arrived!!!!!!!!


Initially, I had a different photo in mind, but when I showed Erik the photos I was considering, he pulled this one immediately. I think it's a great choice!

interestingly, I was editing the photos Heather took of our wedding for her, and skipped over this one. It didn't rise to the top for me. But the lovely and very talented Heather pulled it, and the more I look at it, the more I like it. In fact, I'm really crazy about it! So I'm glad Erik made a strong case for having it on our wall. :)

Now it's soapbox time people .... are you ready? I know there are some photo-lovers out there who read our blog. And let me say a few things. 1) people seem afraid to buy big photos. To that I say: "DO NOT BE AFRAID!!!!" 2) people think they don't have room for big photos. To that I say: "If you have a couch or loveseat, you have room. This is because they're often on a long wall. The photo you see above is FOUR FEET wide. Think of the "big" photos in your house. Probably an 8x10 or maybe an 11x14. Seriously about ONE FOOT wide. And how wide is the average couch? Anyhow, don't be afraid to get big art. This piece is an investment that we intend to keep around for a L-O-N-G time.


Here it is! This is the photo I had envisioned for months and months! I knew I wanted it in our bedroom! Initially, I wanted to get it bigger (40x60, anyone?), but we decided it'd be nice to be able to switch it with the one above the couch if we wanted. So they're both 32x48. Still substantial.

Once again on photo size: This wall is TEN FEET wide .... huge! And our photo is FOUR FEET wide ... so you can see we had plenty of room. There's even some space to the left if we want to make a smaller grouping of photos. I'll have to think on that.

Lastly, what is this #78 business, you ask? Well, as I was searching for info for this blog post, I came across my 101 in 1001 list, turned bucket list. #78 reads: "Get large canvas prints made" ... and now I have! So off the bucket list it goes!

4 comments:

JunO said...

I love how it looks like the blue in your guys' socks matches the blue walls in the bedroom!

Where's a good place to get large prints? I do have a photo or two I've taken that think would be awesome on my walls.

Mags said...

I would love to know where you got them printed! I've been wanting to do this with a couple of our wedding pictures. Yours turned out fantastic!

Rebekah said...

Oooh, that first one is SEXY!! Lurve it

Unknown said...

THANKS, Rebekah! Woa, and thanks for coming to the blog and commenting! Means a Lot! I know you're one busy girl. :)