Monday, May 3, 2010

Clients into friends

It seems on many photo blogs I regularly read that the photographer talks about how their clients become friends. In the last year, I've been so blessed to really experience this in a whole new way.


Take Andrea. You might recognize her from our bedroom painting extravaganza here.

Andrea and I met just one year ago at Lori and Derek's rehearsal dinner. But boy howdy, did we hit it off. Seriously, two peas in a pod.

Over the last year, we've exchanged tons of email and I have to say how enriched I am. Blessed to call her a friend.

This last year has been difficult on a personal level for me. Growing apart from friends who I've known for years has slowly been happening, and I have to admit, I have been pouty, selfish and jealous about it. But my confessor said to me "perhaps God is making room in your life for new friendships to blossom." Andrea is a beautiful case in point. :)

This weekend, Mike and I hit the road to Manhattan to photograph Andrea's marriage to Larry. Isn't she a seriously stunning bride????


But she knows how to have a *little* fun. ;)


There were these killer columns, and we just had to use them. But man were they difficult to work. I think I found an angle I eventually liked. But it was no easy feat.

So, there will be a formal post on the Heartland Blog in a few days or so ... but I have been grossly neglecting our personal blog, so I thought I'd put something personal up. :)

I still have a ton of editing to do from my trip to DC a few weeks ago, and have all sorts of other stuff to share ... but I hope this is a first step in resuming more regular blogging over here! I have finally found some much-needed time in my schedule and this afternoon has been uber-productive. I look forward to more productivity this week! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very unique dress! So cool.

Sarah S.

Unknown said...

It was her mother's ... who was married 35 years ago yesterday. :)

Mrs. Feldkamp said...

Thank YOU -- and likewise, my friend -- I am looking forward to many more adventures with ya! Thanks for making us look awesome =)