Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Esse's big move


My cat, Esperanza del Gato (Esse), moved from Hays to Salina on Friday. Ok, so now since she's living in Erik's house, she's Erik's cat (or so he says!) She doesn't like car trips .... especially LONG car trips. She did a LOT of crying and panting (she does this panting thing in the car, it's strange).

She didn't want to do her business before we left, so of course, 28 miles out of Salina, she took care of it. Thankfully, that was in her carrier.


After that traumatic experience, I "freed Esse." She scampered around Erik's basement, and also enjoyed checking out the upstairs bedrooms.


After she explored, I introduced her to the big, picture window in the living room. It is about the same height as a window in Independence, so I think she'll like it.


Right now, Erik spends lots of time watching Booger and giving me updates. What can I say? I"m pathetic! BUT I also want to be sure the transition is smooth, and so far it has been!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Giver her a couple days... she'll find her window in the basement

Mike Shepherd said...

I was jealous for Harley when I saw the size of that window in Erik's house. She'd love it!

erik bonar said...

Kitty update: Esse and I are getting along famously! ... She enjoys my XXL lap and having no other kitties in the house.

She's a bit salty about the E. Beloit lockdown, but there's plenty of places to explore in the house.