Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap WEEK :)

Happy Leap Day! :)

I'm not doing anything super special today. E tu?

With the way the calendar falls, I actually have an 'extra' week for my cleaning chart. I'm through the 4 weeks of Feb. With the end of one month in the middle of the week and a full 4 weeks in March, I have a 'leap' week.

Extra time.

What will I do with it? Use it wisely? Squander it? Wash the bathroom floors that I've been putting off? We'll see.

The nice (surprising) thing about this whole chart is tasks are SMALL and the goals attainable. For example, on Sunday, we had some extra time ... and I was all "Let's clean out the fridge." As in, let's take all the stuff off of the shelves and wipe them down. The bonus is any items hiding in the back that needed to go ... they WENT.

In all, it took probably 15 minutes (however, I only did the shelves, I didn't clean out the door yet). I'll do the door later this week. it will take me another 15 minutes. But that was all we did in the 'cleaning' realm for that day. And with knowing that is ALL we were going to do, Erik seems more willing to help. I confess, I am ALSO more willing to clean if it's the only task on the agenda.

I'm an organized person (for the most part), but I don't consider myself to be totally OCD (Erik will probably laugh at reading this) ... but this chart, it REALLY has been helpful in keeping me on task. Even though I started it in December, it's been a great addition to 2012.

Cheers!

No comments: