Sunday, September 26, 2010

"New" bedside tables!


In Erik's bachelor days, he picked up these bedside tables. From some hotel that was getting rid of a bunch of stuff. Needless to say, they are HEAVY.

There is a picture in my head of what I wanted to find for the space. I've been poking a bit, but finally found them last week at a secondhand store! I think finding previously owned furniture counts as recycling. ;)

They don't "match" in the traditional sense, but their legs have the same curve, so it's close enough.

One of the things I love most about these tables is that you can see through the legs. The previous ones were boxy and obtrusive. Couldn't see much through them. Just really ate up visual space. I know it's a tiny change, but somehow I feel like we have more space, even if it's an optical illusion!


I want to paint them. And initially I thought white. But then I thought: CANARY YELLOW!!!!! And then I swung back to thinking yellow would not go well with our more bold blue walls. Sheesh!

Now I'm swinging back to painting them white, but maybe paint the drawers yellow?

There isn't yellow in the bedroom yet, but I'd like to make it my "accent" color. We've got the blue, and then the black and white, but I'd like another pop, and I think a bright yellow (think: Big Bird) would be nice.

At some point, I'd love to work on a seating in area in our bedroom and I have my eye on a few options:


This would bring in some more yellow!


This would continue the B&W theme.

I can't decide which I like best, but it's a ways off.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I love the yellow chairs :)

Unknown said...

ME TOO!!!!!!