Saturday, July 31, 2010

Washington D.C. 2010 — pt. 2

My first morning, I had time to burn, so I figured I'd head to Arlington.


It was kind of a crazy/wicked trip. I was really booking it to make it, but I'm glad I did!


It's so beautiful ... but also sad, too.









I bet the guard has about a million photos/day taken of them!


This archway seemed especially beautiful to me.


I was bummed I missed all of the cherry blossoms, but thought they were beautiful on the ground here.


There were some beautiful headstones.


A little framing action of the American Flag.




I don't know any "Sawtelle" family personally, but have you read The Tale of Edgar Sawtelle??? It's a LONG book, but an incredible read (ok, so I listened to it on CD, but you get the idea).


More flag action.


And of course ....

No comments: