
Before .... and After! :)
We have this odd little closet in our dining room. It was just empty and wasted space. But not anymore!!!!

Let me start with this above photo of our kitchen. There is a big gap between the cabinets and the ceiling ... so junk has started to amass. Ugh. So the intention with the pantry was to put the slow cooker in there (but it doesn't fit!), but the coffee pot (neither of us drink coffee) does! I also have a good location to store extra cereal and crackers now!
And the growlers you see in the kitchen, well, those will go in a little nook to the left of the door opening. I just have to figure out how to install those shelves.

Now let's talk about my jars.
I love them.
With a variety of grain (steel cut oats, couscous, Israeli couscous, garbanzo beans, navy beans, and the list continues), I don't want to keep a bunch of bags strewn about ... so I hooked it up with mason jars! LOVE THEM! :)

Erik has a whole aside about jars and containers, but that will be another post for another day. I love how I can clearly SEE what's in them. Of course, they probably should be labeled so others know!

I might hoard spices and herbs in the freezer, but Erik hoards salad dressing. Do you need any more proof? Didn't think so.

Close up of a jar.

This last photo seems odd ... but bear with me ... you might remember a random post about our bedroom closet HERE about a bunch of extra holes in the wall ... I remember thinking "what kind of idiot drills a million holes???" WELL, let me tell you how this happens. I now know from first-hand experience. This results when your stud finder is being difficult, won't work, and you know there's a stud in there somewhere .... so you drill several holes to find the dang thing. Sheesh!
This project took less than 24 hours, but we've both been wanting to do it for a LONG time. I really like this ... that we can take a small space, make a BIG change in a small amount of time, and it helps clear clutter and organize other parts of our house.
OH, last comment about this ... the shelves here are actually from the master closet. We tore those shelves out and then cut them down for this closet. How cool is that? So we recycled! I had the white paint from other projects, so we were out less than $10 to get the brackets. How do you like that???? :) So it was a GREEN project!
No comments:
Post a Comment