Monday, October 27, 2008

# 23 — Play in a real poker tournament

... CHECK!


Sunday, I played in a amateur poker tournament! Yippie!

Lemme say it was WAY different than playing with my poker buddies in Hays. There are formal and official ways to bet and raise. I NEVER knew this! Seriously interesting.

I didn't end up on top ... but I *did* make it to the first break.


But when we "colored up," I only had $3K in chips left. Ouch.

I was small blind, and had a solid hand of pocket Qs, and flopped a Q. Yay! I doubled up ... and then had a straight draw, and even GOT it, but my opponent got a flush on the river. Ugh. I was OUT. There were 4 spades on the board and I *figured* she had it ... but I was pretty tired, and figured, what the heck .... we'll see if she's got it!

It was interesting .... Erik actually observed that things that would've won me a round in my Hays circle (trips) didn't land me on top in the tourney. Interesting, interesting.

Well, another 101 in 1001 list done! Maybe there will be more to come soon!

No comments: