Friday, May 9, 2008

#28 — Attend Liana's Photo Business Boot Camp


... CHECK!

It feels SO GOOD to check another item off of my 101 in 1001 list!

A few weeks ago, I read on the BBC blog that Liana was taking applications for a scholarship to her Business Boot Camp. After begging Erik and dad to nominate me, I threw my hat into the ring! I was a finalist, but didn't make the first round of cuts. BUT Liana had several last minute cancellations, so ALL FIVE finalists got to go. The last night, she said there were dozens of applications, and she had a hard time narrowing it to the top 11 .... let alone the top 5. To be among those in the top five is a HUGE honor.

There were six of us at the workshop, and FIVE of us were there on scholarship. I'm guessing Liana didn't turn a big profit on the workshop (especially since she gave us three days, as well as cooked us lots of yummie meals!). From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU LIANA for your generosity!

Pictured are my super-excellent classmates (from left) Jamie Delanie, Ellen McRaney, Marie Bunke, Michelle and Liana Lehman.

The experience was UNBELIEVABLE! I took a very good, hard look at our business numbers and am WAAAY more comfortable with my task of running the book end of our business. We also talked about goals and dreams .... and Liana encouraged us to dream BIG! I can't wait to share when those dreams become a reality!

It was also super-fun to give the other attendees ideas for their business. I am excited to see them grow and blossom! I'm ALSO excited for our book club. I keep telling myself I *need* to read business books, but don't get motivated to do it. With some friends reading the same books, it's gonna ROCK!

No comments: