Friday, January 6, 2012

Christmas Decor, 2011


We don't have a Christmas tree. I don't apologize for that. We have a cat. And a dog. This seems like a recipe for disaster, so until 1) we have children and 2) They are in school and 3) realize they are 'missing' out on a tree, I see no need for one. :)

But not to be a total hater, I picked up some ornaments after Christmas last year with just this application in mind. I got a thick and thin ribbon and pinned them from the window. They were festive and looked great!

One of my biggest weaknesses is taking down decor/etc. I was talking with a client/friend, and said 'gosh, if I'd have gotten red, I could say they were for Valentine's day ... or wait, if I got green, they would work for Christmas, then St. Patrick's Day!' - I'd get tons of use out of them. :)

It's the first week of January, and I've managed to find time to put away my December decorations. Phew!


In magazines, I see 'coordinated' boxes for Christmas, and think it's a bit silly. But I had a lot of red and white paper, so wraped most of my gifts in those. Seeing how nice the differing patterns looked, I see the appeal. Yet I still have plenty of paper with other uncoordinated looks to use up, so it might be 3-5 years before you see this sort of coordinated effort en masse.

No comments: