Saturday, August 14, 2010

Random update

Sorry guys.

I was all hot to trot to finish my DC-area trip. But life has been crazy.

One of my childhood friends was killed in an accident on Tuesday. I found out Wednesday and have been in a bit of a funk.

I photographed the ordination here in Salina this morning. It was a technically challenging assignment, but there are some good photos. I'll share them on the Heartland Blog .... probably Thursday afternoon.

I have spent a lot of energy waiting for it to rain. Pitiful, right? The zucchini plants have basically tanked. The peppers are pitiful. Our cantaloupe is hanging on by a thread. I am too proud to water the dang garden from the tap. But rain keeps promising to come ... so I keep "waiting in joyful hope" ... but if I were honest, it is more like "waiting in anxious impatience."

Yogurt making success! A lot of times, I drain it b/c there's liquid on the top. But I didn't today, and oh goodness .... is it heavenly!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

My sympathies for the loss of your childhood friend. I can imagine it has changed the way you've been looking at things lately.

I've got a garden post scheduled on my blog here pretty soon - you'll have to check it out - our garden isn't doing to hot either!

And thanks for the idea on draining the yogurt! I never would have thought of that, but it would certainly improve the consistency!!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Michelle. I can't wait to see what's been going on in your garden!