Thursday, December 10, 2009

Homemade Hummus!

'Scuse me .... I'm in a coma right now. A hummus induced coma.


For the longest time, I've had a bag of chickpeas in the cabinet. I have meant to make hummus from it, but just never got around to it. Until today. MMMMmmmmmmmmm ..... Yeah. I am not sure I'll be able to go back now. Wow. This stuff is utterly UUUUUH-MAAAAZING!

Because I had dried chickpeas, I used THIS recipe.

It doesn't specify an amount of water to reserve, but I'd use about 1/2 to 3/4 of a cup. I pulled out a bit more than a cup (I was doubling the recipe).

Oh, and for the blondes in the audience, be careful to not mix up the pepper with the cinnamon. We were in a hurry and I was rushing around, and yup, I grabbed the cinnamon instead of the pepper. Not a outrageous error, but there is a *hint* of cinnamon to our hummus. But it's mostly garlic-ey goodness. :)

PS- be sure to read THIS POST about how to make your hummus extra silky!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

oooooo we LOVE hummus at our house too! Sometimes we have it for dinner and I cut up all kinds of fresh veggies, grill some chicken, and toast some tortillas to dip in it. It always feels like such a healthy meal!