Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Slice of life

So those of you who know me know I'm a word nerd. Some words just SOUND nice.


Mojito is one such word. It just SOUNDS nice an friendly. AND like a drink I'd enjoy drinking. I've ordered it twice, but haven't LOVED it, which disappoints me.


Sproles is another word that's fun to say. Especially since when I was photographing at K-State, he was there. I always loved it when he walked by me on the sidelines because I am taller than he is (even in cleats and with a helmet).

Ok, so Erik has heard this monologue MANY, MANY, MANY times. Yesterday, we were walking and somehow I slipped into the monologue. AND without missing a beat, Erik (in a SERIOUS, not mocking voice), said "Gastric bypass ... that's a nice-sounding word." .... I about wet my pants. I was laughing SO hard. Seriously. I had to stop and laugh for a good 2 minutes before i could regain enough composure to even WALK. Sheesh!

A little slice of OUR life! :)

3 comments:

jess said...

SPROLES!!!! :)

He was my *favorite* .. I have his jersey (still)... haha. I will forever love #43.

mary said...

i had a class with him, and even I!! was almost taller than him. but dang can that guy run.

Unknown said...

He's my ultra-fave, too, Jessica! :)

Woah, Mary, didn't realize he was THAT short. Sheesh. Those cleats and helmet must add multiple inches to him.