Monday, June 9, 2008

#2 — Quit my full-time news job (Karen's last night in toooooown!)

.... CHECK!

June 4 was my last day at the Hays Daily News.

But the night before, we went out for margaritas!!!!


There was a diverse group of friends, co-workers and professional colleagues. I had a blast!


AND I'm celebrating by checking yet another item off of my 101 in 1001 list. I'm getting ready to check another item off that list ... but won't share until later this summer!

My buddy, Fred , took the photos of us that evening. Thanks, Fred! (Fred was also the person who told the Independence, Kan., paper to hire me, so it was serendipitious that he was helping me celebrate the last day in the news business, since he helped me to get in the door in the first place!)


I have some more Hays photos to share in the future, but I've got to get some editing done on our AWESOME 06/07/08 wedding (more to come on that, including the story of how I was showered with beer while photographing a keg stand).

Gosh, I have stories to share about the move from Hays to Salina, too, so stay tuned!

Oh, and in other Salina news, there is now Internet at Erik's house (YIPPIEEEEEEE!). Esse also went outside for the first time in Salina today. Ok, so my brother-in-law accidentally let her out once before, but this was her first sanctioned trip out of Erik's house. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good pic of you and Fred.
FYI, I stopped by the Reporter office today since I was in Independence covering the county commission meeting.
Nothing has changed. (shocking, I know)

Unknown said...

Nuts, I totally thought they'd get posh new carpet once you left. ;-)

Good to hear from you, Doug!